Zeiss Terra 8×32 ED Under Armour Edition Binoculars
Ideal for bush and opening hunting where you don’t need massive amounts of magnification and want something clear and low weight.
Zeiss‘s 8×32 Terra ED Binocular combines SCHOTT ED extra low-dispersion glass elements and a compact weather-sealed housing to create a multi-purpose optic that delivers the image quality and streamlined silhouette for birders and hunters a set of smaller glasses that do not sacrifice twilight performance or functionality. At the core of Terra ED are fully multicoated optical surfaces designed to eliminate chromatic aberration, maximize light transmission and render contrast-rich images. They also boast the ability to focus down to 5 feet, allowing observers to get up close to the bird or other nearby subject of interest. Thanks to the space-saving Schmidt-Pechan roof prism design and lightweight composite housing, this binocular weighs just over a pound.
Complementing the high-transmission optical path and modest form factor, the Terra ED has a nitrogen-filled housing that provides fogproof performance and has been tested to withstand submersion to 100 mbar of pressure. This water and fogproof performance, coupled with a broad operating temperature range, enables these binoculars to stand up to almost any outdoor observational situation. A textured center focus wheel and twist-up rubber eyecups supply additional handling features that enhance the overall ergonomics and help make it a full-featured binocular for close to mid-range use.
- 8x magnification
- 32mm objectives
- Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms
- Zeiss MC anti-reflective fully multicoated optics
- SCHOTT extra low-dispersion ED glass virtually eliminates chromatic aberration and coronas for true color rendition
- 405′ field of view at 1000 yards
- 60° wide viewing angle
- 5′ close focusing distance
Use and Handling
- Twist-up rubber eyecups with ±4 diopter correction
- Closed bridge configuration for balanced handling
- Rapid focus center wheel with gripping ridges
- 16.5mm eye relief, 4.0mm exit pupil
- Nitrogen-filled, fog and waterproof housing
- Test to be submersible to 100 mbar pressure
- -5 to 140°F (-15 to 60°C) operating temperature
- 18oz (510g) weight
- Under Armour Bino Harness: Thick hypalon attachments, metal hardware and adjustable elastic straps